Jun 15, 2017
Easy to follow and with great teachers commenting on the pragmatic issues of licensing and fair use, which is invaluable for the foreign student, no matter his degree.
Nov 19, 2016
Excellent course, incredibly informative and very well taught. Highly recommend to anyone interested in entertainment as well as the laws and liability involved.
by Beth K•
Jan 06, 2019
I don't know how you did it; you made the subject of copyright law fascinating. And you clearly and presented very important and useful information. Thank you.
by Ana G M•
Mar 18, 2019
by Ashim C M•
Sep 07, 2018
As a student opting to be a filmmaker, this course has been very helpful in making me conscious about what mistakes I might make in the years to come.
by Jessie A•
Oct 23, 2018
This was a great course! I would suggest a few edits:
1) During the video from week 3, 1955 was initially noted as the year that limited performance rights were granted over transmission via digital network such as online radio. I circled that with a big question mark because I thought that was a bit ahead of time. Then later it was clarified as 1995. Also, I believe there was a date mix up somewhere around the Feb. 15, 1972 date. It would be nice to add more information on that, I only saw that each state has different regulated laws on this during the quiz. I don't remember hearing about it in lecture.
2) some of the quiz questions were too long and more like riddles rather than just asking important and relevant questions about copyright.
1) The week 3 deadline said 10/22 at midnight. Then when I went to take the course it said it was due at 10/21 by midnight.
2) it would be nice to see the answers to the quiz. Both what you got wrong and the correct answer to the question. I understand that you can retake the quiz, so you don't want to release the answer too soon, but it would be helpful to review and check.
3) it would be helpful to have all the course material accessible in one place so we could review it later.
Overall, the professors put together a great presentation and did a great job simplifying some very complex laws that everyone with a smartphone should be aware of! Thank you.
by Ivan C•
Jul 25, 2018
Comprehensive and educational course about copyright for all types of materials.
by Chris H•
Apr 10, 2016
Great course, the professors are passionate and very informative.
by Mauro L•
Dec 04, 2016
Very good course with a lot of
practical examples and real cases to be analyzed.
Format also quite nice with many small sub-lessons on each topic.
by Lawrence L•
Jan 15, 2016
Just excellent. Awesome!
by Lori W•
Feb 15, 2016
A great class for higher education and online learning staff.
by Elizabeth M•
Jan 21, 2018
This was super helpful! I learned so much!
by Jhenne T B•
Jul 31, 2016
Very informative and well organized (with a ton of resources, references, and optional further readings). The instructors were clearly passionate about the subject matter, and excited to share their knowledge with the viewers. The videos were informative, full of helpful case studies, and oftentimes, funny. Definitely learned quite a bit from this course. I would take other offerings from them, if possible!
by Margarita M•
Apr 04, 2017
Great course. The knowledge I received is very useful for my work.
by Andrew T•
Aug 31, 2017
Great course, with, I'd say, advanced information for beginners
by Jesus F•
Jan 11, 2016
Excellent content, very good lectures and good material to share about copyright issues.
by Matthew N•
Jan 23, 2017
by Presita S•
Jul 12, 2017
This was a really great course and has increased my interest and knowledge in intellectual property law.
by Черных В Н•
Jun 29, 2017
by Anne K•
Oct 30, 2017
Great course! Thank you all!
by Yahaya, I L•
Mar 08, 2018
I loved every bit of the lectures. It served as a refresher course for me. Thank you once again
by Chris M•
Aug 02, 2017
All the resources you need to make informed decisions on copyright issues for various media.
by Kurt B•
Jul 19, 2017
Highly interesting and engaging course.
by Скрыльников А•
May 28, 2017
by Maureen S•
Jun 11, 2016
Do not be taken in by the simplicity of the lectures: this course is designed to make you think about and apply (very carefully) the principles of Copyright Law. I recommend it to anyone who requires a functional knowledge of the law.
by Alyona S•
Jan 17, 2016
Very useful course. I really wanted to find such information. Thank you
by Daniel C•
Sep 14, 2016
Excellent. Love the videos lengths, which were easily digestible.