Finance for Everyone: Decisions will introduce you to the workings of the free markets and the foundations of finance. You will learn how free markets and their “creative destruction” provide the architecture for the global economy and how those same markets move money in ways that create and destroy wealth. Your financial toolkit will include timeless concepts like compounding, discounting, annuities, effective interest rates, and more. You will also learn how to simplify important financial calculations and apply that knowledge to real-life decisions that can influence everything from how you pay for your car to where you live. Through peer review you will publish your view on an issue important to you. You will also discover how your applied decisions connect to bigger questions relating to changing market conditions as you prepare for the second course in F4E: Markets.
Founded in 1887, McMaster University is committed to creativity, innovation, and excellence by inspiring critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for learning. Ranked amongst the Top 100 universities in the world, McMaster pioneered a learner-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning that is now known worldwide as the “McMaster Model”.
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
FINANCE FOR EVERYONE: DECISIONS からの人気レビュー
Finance is my fav subject. In this course lectures are very good in explaintation. the quize and practical exam are very easy and they have answer for final quize it's very useful to refer.
The course can be taken up by any person irrespective of the stream he/she belongs to. All the topics were well explained along with real life examples. The instructor was excellent.
I liked this course very much. I have learnt many things which will surely help in future. Those who are interested to know about Finance can definitely try this course.
The course is designed in such a way with relevant topics and simple examples. Additional topics with more focus on Equity and Bond markets may be included
Finance for Everyone専門講座について
Access to lectures and assignments depends on your type of enrollment. If you take a course in audit mode, you will be able to see most course materials for free. To access graded assignments and to earn a Certificate, you will need to purchase the Certificate experience, during or after your audit. If you don't see the audit option:
- The course may not offer an audit option. You can try a Free Trial instead, or apply for Financial Aid.
- The course may offer 'Full Course, No Certificate' instead. This option lets you see all course materials, submit required assessments, and get a final grade. This also means that you will not be able to purchase a Certificate experience.
What will I be able to do upon completing the course?
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
1. Familiarize yourself with the broader context of finance.
2. Explain how financial decisions may have positive and negative social impact.
3. Describe time value of money.
4. Perform financial calculations with accuracy.
5. Build confidence in your ability to make informed financial decisions.
6. Relate important financial concepts and issues to experiences in your daily life and the real world.
7. (Optional) Execute common financial calculations with a financial calculator.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is structured to be 4 weeks in length.
How often is this course offered?
This course will be offered every month.
What background knowledge is necessary?
No previous knowledge is required. It is recommended that learners have basic mathematics knowledge.